Transcribing music by ear to produce sheet music scores of various existing tracks.
As of: 1st July 2020
Rates are by per minute of music needing to be transcribed and are variable depending on the size and nature of the project:
Tracks for one instrument only (e.g. solo piano)
Tracks between 2 - 4 instruments.
Tracks between 5 - 8 instruments.
Tracks between 9 - 12 instruments.
Tracks above 12 instruments, or using an orchestra.
For other categories of transcription, feel free to contact me!
How the fees are paid:
The fee for each commission is paid in full once you are satisfied with the final score/recording.
All payments are made via Credit Card or PayPal through a private link, or a direct bank transfer
What You Will Get
With each Transcription Commission, you will receive:
1) The full score of the completed transcription as a .PDF digital file
2) A .SIB editable file for use in the sheet music software, Sibelius 7.5
3) An .XML editable file for use in other sheet music software
4) A .MIDI file for use in digital audio workstations and other software to create recordings
5) A rough audio recording of the commission as a .WAV digital file (or other audio format)
These are optional additions that are not required alongside a commission, but may be of interest
If you would also like individual instrument part scores of the commission as .PDF digital files
High Quality Recording
For a higher quality recording with hand-picked samples. Doubles the commissioning price.
High Quality Recording
! DISCLAIMER !
For obvious legal reasons, in order to commission a transcription, you must either:
1. Have written permission from the original composer(s) / publisher(s) / copyright owner(s) of the track you want to be transcribed
2. Only intend to use the completed transcription for entirely non-commercial purposes (e.g. you will not be selling the score(s) or performing the track during any form of paid concert performance)
Further, I will not transcribe a piece of music that already has an existing official published score available for purchase. If one is already available, please consider buying that instead and supporting the original creator(s).
A general FAQ for all commissions can be found HERE. For transcription specific questions:
Why can't I use the finished commission for commercial purposes?
Copyright in a nutshell: if you don't have written permission from the original composer(s), publisher(s) or owner(s), then legally you are not allowed to profit off of their work.
How long does the transcription take?
It varies depending on the size and complexity of the track you want to be transcribed, as well as what other projects I am currently undertaking, but to estimate:
Solo Instrument --> 1-2 days
Small Ensemble --> 2-3 days
Medium Ensemble --> 3-4 days
Large Ensemble --> 4-5 days
Orchestra --> 5+ days
If you also require a high quality recording, the time to complete the transcription will be increased by roughly 2x
What do you do with the finished transcription?
I have a question that wasn't answered, how can I contact you?
Feel free to contact me over HERE for any further questions!